The best thing about making weird miniatures (I'm so weird I'm not like the other girls) is you get to meet other people who like to make weird miniatures. sometimes you even get along with those people well enough that they send you as of yet unreleased miniatures on the condition that you paint them! This is the case with today's post.
Jonathon Brodsky of smaller.paul.assumption and goblineer of The Goblin Group sent me these guys that he sculpted and got produced.
![]() |
| along with some loverly stickos |
I got 'em based asap, of course. And my sinuses paid the price as the superglue activated my allergies. Ah well, we all must suffer a little before shedding this mortal coil!
![]() |
| first one done |
In my epic paint scheme I've kind of decided some things about what colors mean what. No one has ever done this before, I understand it might sound kind of radical, please bear with me. In many cases, I like to think of green as being armor, like bronze with a patina. Whereas blue is usually sort of saved for magical things, whether it's wizards or some kinda magical construct.
![]() |
| wizard star |
Red is just whatever. I don't know what it's supposed to be yet. Anyway I painted this guy reddish orange. I repainted his knees later which you will see.
![]() |
| This guy is really funny to me. |
And last but not least this bruiser. This guy had some pretty smooshed feet so I had to do a bit of bendy repair work. Jonathon is resculpting the feet before getting this one produced, which is kind of delaying the release a bit. Hopefully he'll be available soon because I had a lot of fun painting on them all and I hope you will too!
Now, onto some glamour shots. I tried to do a little background in my sketchbook using crayons, don't ask me why. it really didn't work, but that's more of a "me not committing fully" thing and not a "this is a process that won't ever work for anyone" thing. you should try it.
oh yeah, there's a little car that came with them too. I need to finish painting it, so I didn't take any final pics with it yet. Whatever, sorry!
So that's that, goodbye!










No comments:
Post a Comment